Ever wonder what to do with all those nutritious beet greens after you're done eating the yummy beets? Beet greens make lovely salads. If you allow the salad to marinate in the dressing for a while, the leaves will soften up and become even more digestible. Beet greens are very rich in calcium as well as many other minerals and vitamins! Let this beet green salad recipe be the start of a lovely new trend in your salad making experience.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 2 Large Salads
- 1 bunch beet greens, sliced into 1/2-inch strips (about 6 cups)
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced basil
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced parsley
- 2 tablespoons cold-pressed olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 to 2 cloves garlic, pressed or minced
- 1 teaspoon stone-ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon nama shoyu
- 1 tablespoon raw agave nectar
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cucumber, quartered and chopped
- Handful Kalamata or other olives, sliced
Place the beet greens in a mixing bowl with the basil and parsley, and gently toss.
Whisk together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, mustard, nama shoyu, and agave nectar until well combined. Pour over the greens and gently toss until all of the greens are coated.
Serve topped with the tomato, cucumber and olives.
Like this raw vegan recipe? Here's more super easy raw food ideas to try: