When tomatoes are plenty, and time is of the essence, simple and quick recipes like this one come in quite handy. Fresh, homemade salsa tastes worlds better than the store-bought varieties. But that doesn't mean you will always have all of the ingredients on hand. This is the quick raw food salsa recipe for when you just want some good fresh, raw food without much fuss.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 2 cups
- 2 cups tomatoes, chopped small
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, pressed or minced
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt, or to taste
- Juice of half a lime
- Additional Ingredients if you have:
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon minced red onion
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon minced jalapeño or other chili pepper
Mix all the ingredients of your choosing together in a mixing bowl and chill until ready to serve.