Recipe and photo courtesy of North Carolina Sweet Potatoes
- 1-3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups mashed sweet potatoes
- 2/3 cup mashed ripe banana
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted pecans
In a medium sized bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, allspice and salt.
In a separate large bowl, combine the sweet potatoes, bananas, butter, eggs and milk and stir to mix well. Add the dry flour mixture and pecans again stirring to mix well.
Fill prepared muffins pans two-thirds full. Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes. The tops of the muffin should spring back when lightly touched. Serve these muffins warm and fresh out of the oven. Enjoy!
Makes two dozen sweet potato muffins.