A vegetarian vegetable side dish of roasted wintery vegetables in a lightly sweetened sauce. This recipe combines sweet potatoes, cauliflowers and Brussels sprouts into a healthy and simple vegetable side dish to accompany any meal. Use vegan margarine instead of butter to make these vegetables vegan and a bit lighter. Suitable for those on a gluten-free diet. Recipe courtesy of North Carolina Sweet Potatoes.
See also: More vegetable side dish recipes
- 1 pound sweet potatoes, sliced into 1/2-inch thick rounds
- 1 medium head cauliflower (about 2 cups florets)
- 9 ounces Brussels sprouts, halved (about 2 cups)
- 2 tablespoons butter or vegan margarine
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
Preheat oven to 400°F. On rimmed baking pan, evenly scatter sweet potatoes, cauliflower and Brussels sprouts. In small microwavable bowl, place butter or vegan margarine, maple syrup, salt and pepper and microwave just until butter is melted.
Pour over vegetables; stir. Cook in oven until tender, about 40 minutes, stirring halfway through.
Makes about 5 1-cup servings.