Created for Bush's® Beans by Connie Guttersen, R.D. PH.D., nutrition instructor at the Culinary Institute of America and author of "The Sonoma Diet." Recipe courtesy of "The Sonoma Diet."
- olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1 cup diced onions
- 2 tbsp garlic, sliced thin
- 1 tbsp minced thyme
- 1 cup chopped canned tomatoes
- 1 15.5 ounce can Great Northern or Cannelini beans, with liquid
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1 tbsp vegetarian pesto, pre-made or store bought
- 1 pound wagon wheel pasta, cooked according to package directions
Combine beans and tomato mixture with cooked pasta. Stir in pesto just before serving.
Like this recipe? Here's more simple vegetarian pasta dinners you might enjoy: