Scroll down for more Thai-inspired recipes and fun ways to cook carrots.
- 3 tbsp oil
- 3 tbsp water or veggie broth + 2 tbsp
- 1/2 yellow or white onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp Thai peanut sauce or salad dressing
- 1 tbsp vinegar (white or apple cider)
- 1 tbsp lime juice (lime is better, but lemon may be substituted)
- 2 cups chopped or baby carrots
- sesame seeds (optional)
Sautee the onion in 3 tablespoons oil and 3 tablespoons broth or water until slightly soft. Add carrots, cover, and simmer 3-5 minutes. Reduce heat, add the sauce mix, cover and simmer another 5-7 minutes until carrots are soft, stirring frequently.
Add sesame seeds and cook one more minute, if desired. Serve over rice or other grain if desired, and enjoy!
More Vegetarian and Vegan Thai Recipes:
Thai Peanut Sauce
Raw Pad Thai Salad Recipe
Coconut and Tofu Curry Recipe
Easy Thai Coconut Soup
Light and Crispy Spring Rolls
Vegan Coconut Rice Recipe
Thai Style Spring Rolls
Basic Spring Roll Dipping Sauce
Thai-Style Stir Fry Recipe with Hoisin Sauce Vegetarian Hot and Sour Soup
Pineapple Fried Rice
Thai Yellow Vegetable Curry