Scroll down for more vegetarian couscous salad recipes to try.
- 1 10 ounce box couscous
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 2 cups water
- 2 lemons, juiced and zested
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 16 ounce can garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 cup seeded and chopped red bell pepper
- 2 cups chopped cucumbers
- 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint
- salt and pepper, to taste
Place couscous and raisins in a large bowl, set aside.
Combine water, lemon zest, and 2 tablespoons olive oil in a small pot. Bring to simmer, pour over couscous mixture and stir. Season with salt and pepper. Cover tightly with plastic wrap, let sit for 15 minutes.
Remove plastic wrap, gently fluff with fork. Set aside.
In a large bowl, combine beans, red pepper, cucumber, and tomatoes. Pour in lemon juice and remaining olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Let sit for 15 minutes.
Combine fluffed couscous, garbanzo bean mixture, parsley and mint in a large serving platter. Gently toss to combine. Adjust seasonings with salt and pepper.