See also: What is freekeh?
- 1 cup freekeh
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1/4 cup quality olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped fine
- 2 tbsp fresh mint, chopped fine
- 1/4 cup basil, chopped chopped fine
- 3 green onions, chopped small
- about 16 cherry tomatoes, chopped or 3 roma tomatoes, diced
- sea or kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
Combine freekeh with chopped parsley, mint, basil and green onions until well mixed. Add tomatoes and season generously (don't skimp!) with salt and pepper.
Tabouli is always best when it has time to sit before serving, to allow the flavors to really blossom. Toss again just before serving, and you may want to take a quick taste to adjust the seasoning, if needed.
Like freekeh? Here's a few more healthy vegetarian freekeh recipes to try: