- 1 10 ounce package frozen spinach, thawed
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 vegetarian bouillon cube
- 1 3/4 cups boiling water
- 2 cups TVP (textured vegetable protein)
- 1 pound soft (silken) tofu
- 1 cup gluten flour OR 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp poultry seasoning
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
Heat the 2 tbsp vegetable oil in a medium frying pan over medium heat. Cook the onion, stirring occasionally, until transparent, about 5 minutes.
Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
Pat the tofu dry, then mash. In a large bowl, combine the TVP, spinach and tofu. Stir in the remaining ingredients and pour the mixture into a lightly greased 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 inch loaf pan. Smooth the top and bake for 45 minutes, or until brown on top.
If the loaf begins to get too brown on top, cover with aluminum foil. Serve with vegetarian gravy.
Reprinted with permission from The Compassionate Cook Cookbook.