- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water or vegetable broth
- 1 large or two medium tomatoes, chopped small
- 1 cucumber, chopped (optional)
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh mint
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt, or to taste
In a large bowl, combine tomatoes, cucumbers, scallions, garlic, fresh mint and fresh parsley. Add cooked quinoa, olive oil,lemon juice and salt, tossing gently to combine well. Season with salt, to taste.
Chill for at least one hour before serving, preferably overnight, to allow flavors to mingle.
Scroll down for more quinoa recipes to try.