- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil + 2 tbsp
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup sun dried tomatoes, either canned or rehydrated if dry, chopped
- about 3 cups pasta, pre-cooked
- 4 portobello mushrooms, cut into thin strips
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and chopped
- 1 1/2 cups sherry
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
Sautee the mushrooms, asparagus and garlic in the 2 tablespoons of olive oil just until soft, about 3 or 4 minutes. Reduce heat to low and add sherry. Allow to cook until sherry has cooked down and reduced to just a few tablespoons.
Combine the pasta and tomatoes with the mushrooms and toss gently. Allow to marinate for at least one hour and serve cold, or re-heat.
See also: More healthy vegetarian pasta recipes