- 1 cup lentils
- 2 cups water
- 1 medium spaghetti squash (approx. 3 pounds)
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 4 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Meanwhile, cook spaghetti squash. Pull into strands and set aside.
In large skillet, sautee onion in oil until tender, about 5 minutes. Add peppers and mushrooms and sautee another 5 minutes.
Combine lentils, spaghetti squash and pepper mixture. Turn into a lightly oiled 9" by 13" baking dish. Sprinkle cheese over the top.
Bake in a 350 degree F oven until very hot and cheese is melted, about 20-30- minutes.
This vegetarian lentil and vegetable bake is a gluten-free and wheat-free recipe.