- 1 30 ounce can golden hominy, drained
- 1 tablespoon butter or oil
- 1/2 cup grated cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 teaspoon vegetarian Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped celery with a few leaves
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1/4 cup milk
- soft bread crumbs
- Parmesan cheese
Add soup and milk. Stir until smooth. Add cheese and seasonings.
Fold in hominy.
Pour into 1 1/2 quart casserole dish which has been well-greased. Tear one or two slices of bread into small pieces to make soft crumbs. Top casserole with crumbs. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and paprika.
Bake your hominy corn casserole at 375 degrees for 30 minutes.
This hominy casserole is just like a corn au gratin recipe.