Recipe created by Chef J Scot Jones.
- 1 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 5 large basil leaves, cut into chiffonade
- 4 Gardein vegetarian scallopini breasts, thawed
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 batch braised escarole recipe
- 1 batch Tuscan white bean mashed potatoes
- 1 batch vegan buerre blanc sauce
Flatten the vegetarian scallopini breasts with your hand to 1/2 inch thickness. Season each side with salt and pepper to taste, then press each side into the pine nut dredge.
Place a large sauté pan over medium heat. Sprinkle the bottom with a pinch of salt and heat for 1 minute. Add the oil and heat for 30 seconds, being careful not to let it smoke. This will create a nonstick effect.
Place the breasts in the pan and cook until golden brown, about 2 minutes on each side. Remove to a wire rack set over a paper-towel-lined baking sheet and put into the oven to keep warm while you prepare the rest of the dish.
Assemble the dish: Place portions of the braised escarole and mashed potatoes on each of 4 serving plates and top with a scaloppine. Spoon the beurre blanc over the scaloppini. Serve immediately.