Easy vegetarian couscous salad recipe and photo is courtesy of Wheat Foods Council.
- 1 10-ounce package of couscous
- 1/2 tbsp vegetable or olive oil
- 3/4 cup canned kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh tomatoes
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 1/3 cup corn
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 tsp cumin
Transfer couscous to mixing bowl. Add remaining ingredients; mix well. Chill 1 to 2 hours.
Makes 6 one-cup servings of couscous salad.
Nutrition: Each serving provides approximately: 235 calories; 9 g protein; 48 g carbohydrates; 4 g fiber; 0 g fat (0 g saturated); 0 mg cholesterol; 2 mcg folate; 1 mg iron; 347 mg sodium.