- 1 carrot, diced
- 1/2 cup broccoli, chopped small
- 1/2 cup cauliflower, chopped
- 1/2 cup green beans
- 1/2 cup green peas
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tbsp margarine + 2 tbsp
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 2/3 cup milk or soy milk
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh sage
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 potatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup soy or regular yogurt
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
Combine all the vegetables and steam just until tender. In a large saucepan, combine the steamed veggies, 2 tablespoons of margarine, flour, vegetable broth, soy milk and sage. Cook until the sauce begins to thicken and add a bit of salt and pepper, to taste. Set aside.
Boil the potatoes until soft. Drain and mash with 2 tablespoons margarine, yogurt and cheese.
Spread the vegetables in a large baking dish, and spread the potato mixture on top. Sprinkle additional parmesan cheese on top if desired.
Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until lightly golden.