- 1 onion, chopped small
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- approx. 2 cups corn tortilla chips, crushed and divided
- 1 15 ounce can vegetarian chili
- 1 15 ounce can pinto or navy beans
- 1 15 ounce can hominy
- 1 4 ounce can mild green chilies, sliced
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
Sautee the onion, garlic, and cumin in olive oil until onions are soft, about 6-8 minutes. Set aside. In a large casserole dish, add half the crushed corn chips, then the chili, pinto or navy beans, homini and green chilies. Add garlic and onions mixture. Sprinkle the cheese and remaining corn chips over the top.
Cover with foil and bake for 25-30 minutes.
Scroll down for more healthy vegetarian casserole recipes to try.