Vegetarian Soy Chicken Recipes
- Southern Fried Vegetarian "Chicken" Although this recipe calls for seitan, you could also use tofu or a store bought soy chicken.
- Vegetarian Tempeh Mock Chicken Salad Using all the familiar ingredients - mayonnaise, celery and some spices - this vegetarian tempeh "chicken" salad tastes quite similar to the real thing, but is much lower in fat and cholesterol.
- Vegetarian Chicken Pot Pie Use store-bought mock meat and puff pastry to make this healthy vegetarian and vegan entree.
- Kung Pao Tofu Yes, that's Chinese kung pao tofu, not kung pao chicken!
- Soy Chicken Fajitas An easy Mexican fajitas recipe using vegetarian "chicken" and bell peppers.
- Sweet and Sour Soy Chicken Traditional sweet and sour recipe with bell peppers and pineapple and using soy chicken for a vegetarian dish. Serve over rice.
- Breaded Tofu "Chicken" Nuggets This recipe will work best if your tofu is well-pressed. Serve with ketchup or barbecue sauce for a very satisfying soy-based mock chicken nugget!
- Orange-glazed tofu If you miss orange glazed chicken, try this tofu version for all the same lip-smacking sticky flavors.
- Vegetarian "Chicken" Pate Vegetarian pate is usually made from mushrooms, nuts and perhaps some bread crumbs or crackers as well, but this version starts with mock chicken.
- Chicken fajitas Like chicken fajitas? Use mock meat to make them vegetarian!
- Vegetarian Soy Chicken Salad Recipe This recipe uses vegetarian soy chicken deli slices, available at most health foods stores and larger well-stocked grocery stores to create a satisfying vegetarian chicken salad sandwich. Using vegan mayonnaise will make this mock "chicken" salad vegan as well.
- Soy Chicken Teriyaki Bowl Recipe A Japanese-inspired vegetarian chicken recipe using store-bought soy chicken, bamboo shoots and vegetables, served over rice.
See also: More vegetarian recipes