Gnocchi and pesto recipe courtesy of Bush's® Beans.
- 1 pound pre-packaged gnocchi (typically found in the pasta aisle or refrigerated foods section)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, de-stemmed and quartered
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can cannellini Beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups packed baby spinach leaves
- 1/4 cup black olives, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground sage
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup canned fried onions
- 3/4 cup store-bought or homemade prepared pesto
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1/8 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Heat a 10-inch non-stick skillet and 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium-high heat. When warm add mushrooms and cook for three minutes.
Add celery, cover and cook one minute more until celery is bright green and soft.
Uncover and cook until water has evaporated.
Remove celery and mushrooms from pan and set aside.
Add remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil; when warm add drained gnocchi and brown, leaving it alone until bottoms are crisp.
Stir and continue to brown the other sides.
Turn off the heat; add mushrooms, celery, cannellini beans, spinach, olives, sage, salt and onions. In a separate bowl, mix pesto and vegetable broth together.
Top gnocchi with sauce and Parmesan cheese; mix well. Serve.