Gardein brand's fake meats are universally loved, and caught on quick when introduced on the market just a few short years ago. And with good reason! Gardein meats are chewy, aesthetically appealing, easy to use and absorb other flavors well, so you can cook with them and add any spices you like, just like real meat.
Their "Savory Stuffed Turk'y" is no exception. This vegetarian turkey substitute comes frozen with a little packet of vegetarian gravy. The turkey "meat" is breaded and stuffed with a classic cranberry stuffing.
Gardein Savory Stuffed Turk'y Pros:
- Cooks in less than 30 minutes
- Whole Foods prepares it, so you don't even have to turn on your oven, if you choose not to! Just wander in and order.
- Best visual appearance of all the vegetarian substitutes (though this could also be a con, if you don't like "meaty" fake meats!
- Unlike other vegetarian turkey substitutes, the gardein brand turkey contains all natural ingredients that you can actually identify and pronounce. No mysterious chemicals here.
- Reasonably priced
- Only available seasonally.
- Can be difficult to find, depending on where you live.
- The package only serves two, so you'd have to buy a lot, if you're feeding a crowd. Of course, if there's only two of you, this could be a "pro" rather than a con, but what's Thanksgiving without leftovers?
- Vegetarian "chicken" pot pie with gardein
- Gardein mini "meat" balls
- Gardein chipotle "chicken" kebabs