- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup celery leaves, chopped
- 1 4 ounce can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 cup rice, uncooked
- 3 tbsp gluten-free margarine
- 2 cups gluten-free vegetable broth
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp poultry seasoning
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted almonds
In a large skillet, sautee onion, celery, celery leaves, mushroom and rice in margarine for a few minutes, until onion and celery is soft and rice is golden.
Transfer to a lightly greased 2-quart casserole or baking pan.
Stir in gluten-free vegetable broth, salt and poultry seasoning.
Cover and bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until rice is cooked and the liquid is absorbed.
Fluff with a fork, then sprinkle the top with chopped toasted almonds.
This vegetarian and vegan stuffing recipe is gluten-free and wheat-free.