See also: More fat-free vegan recipes.
- 1 1/2 cups bowtie or corkscrew pasta
- 1 cup broccoli, chopped small
- 1 12 ounce can water-packed artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 purple onion, diced
- 1 red or yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 12 ounce can green beans, diced
- 1 -2 tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 3/4 cup fat-free vegan Italian salad dressing
- salt and pepper to taste
Lightly steam the broccoli, until just tender.
In a large bowl, toss together the pasta, broccoli and remaining ingredients and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Allow to marinate in the refrigerator at least one hour before serving. Toss again before serving.
Makes 6 servings fat-free pasta salad.
Nutritional information per serving:
Calories: 171; Calories from Fat: 14
% Daily Value:
Total Fat: 1.6g; 2%; Trans Fat: 0.0g
Cholesterol: 0mg; 0%
Sodium: 544mg; 23%
Total Carbohydrates: 34.4g; 11%
Dietary Fiber: 7.4g; 30%
Vitamin A 28%, Vitamin C 98%, Calcium 9%, Iron 15%
See also: More healthy vegetarian recipes to try