- 2 ounces vermicelli pasta pre-cooked
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp vegetable broth
- 2 blocks firm or extra-firm tofu, well pressed
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped basil
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 cup grated soy cheese (optional)
- 1 10 ounce package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
Sautee onion and garlic in olive oil and vegetable broth until onions are soft, about 3 to 5 minutes.
In a blender or food processer, blend together the tofu, soy sauce, salt, pepper, nutritional yeast, basil and chili powder until smooth. Mix in the cooked pasta, spinach, soy cheese and onions and garlic by hand until well combined.
Pour the mixture into a lightly greased or non-stick pie pan. Bake for about 50 minutes, or until slightly firm and done. Allow to cool before serving (this will also help the frittata set a bit more).