If you're a vegetarian who likes a more "meaty" quiche try this oven-baked vegetarian quiche recipe with "sausage" and cheddar cheese, made with Gimme Lean Sausage. You can make this vegetarian quiche recipe vegan by using egg substitute and vegan cheese. Recipe courtesy of Lightlife Foods.
- 1 9 inch pre-made pie crust
- 1/4 package Gimme Lean Sausage
- 2 cups milk, soy milk or rice milk
- 3 whole eggs or egg substitute
- 1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese or soy cheese
- nutmeg to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- salsa, optional
Beat milk and eggs, add salt, pepper and nutmeg. Mix together and pour over sausage, onions and cheese.
Serve with a side of salsa, if you'd like. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes.
Per serving: Fat-25g, Fiber-1g, Sodium-610mg, Carbohydrates-14g, Protein-20g (soy protein 2g), Calories-370.