Like this recipe? Sign up for the vegetarian recipe of the week newsletter to get one fantastic vegetarian recipe delivered to your inbox each week.
- 1 14 ounce package Gimme Lean Sausage
- 6 eggs or egg substitute
- 1 tbsp onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups milk, soy milk or rice milk
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese or soy cheese
- approximately 4 slices whole grain bread
- 1 tbsp cooking oil or spray
In a small bowl beat the eggs and milk. Pour egg mixture evenly over the bread slices. Sprinkle with shredded cheese.
Cover and refrigerate overnight.
Bake uncovered in a 350 degree oven for 35 to 45 minutes until golden on top.
Per serving: Fat-11g, Fiber-2g, Sodium-640mg, Carbohydrates-21g, Protein-21g (soy protein 8g), Calories-270.
See also: Are eggs vegetarian?