Recipe by WildBlueberries.com
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup dried blueberries
- water for boiling dried blueberries
- 7 oz feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- 1 apple, chopped small
- 2 sticks celery, chopped
- 1 orange, divided into sections
- 1 fresh pomegranate, seeds removed from white
- 1/2 cup walnut halves, toasted
Boil the dried blueberries in water for twenty minutes to rehydrate and soften. Drain well.
Add the blueberries to the olive oil and balsamic, squashing them gently, careful - just a little! - so that they release their natural juices.
In a small bowl, combine the thyme with the crumbled feta cheese to give it a bit of extra flavor, then set the bowl aside.
Next, prepare the salad. Combine the chopped apple, chopped celery, orange slices and pomegranate seeds in a large bowl, tossing gently just to combine well. Next, add the toasted walnut halves and then the feta cheese.
Combine with the dressing just before serving (or eating!), tossing gently again just to combine.
Makes six servings of blueberry pomegranate superfood salad.
Nutritional Information per Serving:
305 calories, 8g protein, 22g fat, 23g carbohydrate, 380mg sodium, 30g cholesterol
Like healthy green salad recipes? Here's a few more you might enjoy: