1. Food

Jolinda Hackett

Subway has 3 new vegan sandwiches. Want them?

By June 16, 2012

Yes, even more good news from Subway! They've got three (yes, THREE!) new all-vegan sandwiches on the menu in the Washington DC area (complete list of locations here). Well, you might say, I live in Toledo, how does this affect me? All you have to do is ask your local Subway to start carrying these three vegans sandwiches, and, they say, with enough requests, they'll roll them out within just two weeks!

So, what's so exciting about these vegans sandwiches? Just listen to the names: Malibu Greek, Sweet Riblet, and Italian Black Bean. My mouth is watering. I remember years ago dreaming of the day Subway would start carrying vegan cheese and vegan mayonnaise, but this is even better!

So, what's next for Subway? How about veggie meats? Join the We Love Subway campaign to bring Tofurkey to Subway!

See also: Subway's new vegetarian falafel sandwich
Read more: Subway to launch new vegan sandwich line

Subway vegan sandwiches photo courtesy of Compassion Over Killing and the We Love Subway Campaign. Thanks, Compassion Over Killing!

Subscribe to the weekly vegetarian newsletter
All vegetarian recipes

Comments

June 17, 2012 at 1:19 pm
(1) Pat Taylor says:

We need more vegan sandwiches that are heart healthy
like what Dr.Essestyn recommends in”Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease”- IDPH approved;-)

June 18, 2012 at 7:58 am
(2) Vegetarian says:

I imagine they aren’t too bad, if you don’t smother them with mayonnaise (which A. isn’t vegan and B. You wouldn’t do anyways if you were trying to eat heart-healthy and low-fat). Subway’s regular veggie sandwiches are quite low in fat, so I imagine these wouldn’t be too bad. This is such a HUGE step forward!

June 19, 2012 at 2:28 am
(3) CC-Canada says:

I am vegetarian and the veggie sandwich never is on sale! So what I am doing is choose the sub on sale and then, I ask ” hold the meat “… It took some arguing but finally got the sub on sale instead of the full price of the regular veggie

June 19, 2012 at 8:04 am
(4) Vegetarian says:

CC-Canada – Agreed! That’s SOOO annoying! Sometimes I can talk them into it, but I have had places tell me no before. Why I am I paying more for the veggie sandwich than for the sale sandwich??? Illogical and frustrating for sure!

June 19, 2012 at 3:45 pm
(5) Mary says:

I might actually eat one if I got stranded on a desert island and there was nothing else available.

June 20, 2012 at 3:36 pm
(6) West says:

Went to a restaurant to try and find it – unfortunately, it was sold out! That’s a good sign, though. Wondering when they’re going to restock? Anyway, I’m really looking forward to trying these! It’s great that they’re testing them.

June 23, 2012 at 6:48 am
(7) Veggie2 says:

It sure would be nice to be able to eat something aside from bread and veggies when I end up at subway. None of the ones near me are close to veggie friendly. You have to beg for extra veggies on a meat and cheese free sandwich and half the time they won’t do it. Corporate was no help at all. Maybe if enough people ask it will get better.

June 26, 2012 at 7:49 pm
(8) Jude says:

So do these taste like meat?

April 21, 2013 at 4:15 pm
(9) Daniel says:

Subways should have vegan sandwiches everywhere but since they don’t yet, could they please set up Subways in New York with vegan sandwiches ASAP at least!
N.Y. Subways vegan sandwiches!
Who want them? We do! When do we want them? Now! Thank you.