1. Food

Jolinda Hackett

The Magical Vegetarian Loaf Studio

By February 21, 2009

The first vegetarian loaf recipe I ever tried was called "Death Loaf". Seriously. Google it. Who knows why? Maybe vegetarian "Death Loaf" is where lentils go to die? Anyways, I recently discovered that through the amazing power of internet and a bit of programming, you can create your very own personalized vegetarian loaf recipe, however you want! Jennifer's Magical Vegetarian Loaf Studio is exactly that: a "magical" way to create your own vegetarian loaf recipe. You can just select which ingredients you like or have on hand, and the computer program will automatically generate the amounts and cooking instructions. Try it! The program even lets you name your creation, though there doesn't seem to be a way to save it, so you may want to print it out or copy and paste it into a word file. Jennifer, you are a true genius!

Link: The Magical Vegetarian Loaf Studio

Not feeling like a loaf magician? Try some of these tried and true vegetarian loaf recipes:

• TVP and Tofu Loaf
  • Vegetarian "Meat" Loaf
  • Vegetarian Lentil Loaf with Rice
  • Gluten-free Vegetarian Lentil Loaf
  • Comments

February 24, 2009 at 9:05 am
    (1) Judy Hall says:

A great recipe that you should try is Veronica’s Veggie Meatloaf with Checca Sauce – superb. It’s at: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/veronicas-veggie-meatloaf-with-checca-sauce-recipe/index.html
    Judy Hall

February 24, 2009 at 11:59 am
    (2) sandra says:

thanks for the link to Jennifer’s magical vegetarian loaf studio. Its ace, and I doubt I would have come across it without your help.

March 1, 2009 at 6:31 pm
    (3) Scott says:

I love magic loaves. I even reversed the studio to a single sheet that I keep in my cookbook. So I pick ingredients on the fly.

August 22, 2009 at 10:39 pm
    (4) stardust says:

the magical loaf studio is no longer there. it’s a very sad day. wish i had printed out the studio like scott up there. :(

May 4, 2010 at 2:48 am
    (5) Margaret says:

I have made many loaves from this site and have needed to add 1 -2 eggs to bind it further..since some tended to be too crumbly when cut..but very delicious combos and such fun to create…

May 4, 2010 at 3:45 am
    (6) Trish says:

The magical meatloaf link worked for me. I’ll leave it again and you can copy and paste. If you still cannot get to it then there must be some program blocking it. http://www.veganlunchbox.com/loaf_studio.html

May 4, 2010 at 5:19 pm
    (7) AimingForVegan says:

The link worked fine for me. This thing is BRILLIANT!!