1. Food

There's so many different veggie burger brands available at most grocery stores these days. Wondering which is best? Read on to find out which ones made the cut for the Top 5 Best Tasting Veggie Burgers.

While these are my personal favorites, you may be looking for something else in a veggie burger, so, if you find that you don't like the first one you try, make sure to try another brand until you find one that suits your tastes.

Related: Black Bean Burgers Recipe
More vegetarian recipes

Subscribe to the weekly vegetarian newsletter

Comments

July 7, 2006 at 10:56 am
(1) James says:

Just thought I’d add an honorable mention to Morningstar Farms – Grillers Prime. I found these to be the best tasting & closest to a real burger.

June 25, 2008 at 1:44 pm
(2) Ashley says:

Morning Star is grosssss!! That’s what they sell at Burger King.

September 29, 2008 at 7:23 pm
(3) steven says:

OMG !! What are you talking about woman ?? Burger King veggie bugers are the bomb !!! I love the Boca Burgers too they taste reall close to a real burger !!

July 19, 2009 at 9:22 pm
(4) Lisa says:

Morningstar farms grillers prime are very good and taste close to a real burger

August 7, 2009 at 2:27 pm
(5) debbieg says:

Absolute best veggie burgers are Isadora’s Frozen Go-Nut Burgers. Nutty, spicy and super tasty. Made on Saturna Island in beautiful British Columbia.

October 1, 2009 at 12:08 pm
(6) Leanne says:

sunshine burgers are the best!!! bbq and southwest — yummy! i put swiss cheese on teh southwest and bbq sauce and onion on the bbq – so tasty!

May 23, 2010 at 6:12 pm
(7) Michael says:

The Grillers Prime is (without a doubt) the best tasting meatless burger out there.
I didn’t quit eating meat because it doesn’t taste good: I just don’t want it to be made out of animals.
Now that I quit: it’s kind of nasty when you really think about it.

May 29, 2010 at 3:35 am
(8) Gabriel says:

I got you all beat, and can’t believe none of you has heard of Schneider’s vegetarian burgers under the “Oh Naturel” label. If cooked properly and not dried out they are majestic!

January 10, 2011 at 4:43 pm
(9) Jesse says:

The best veggie burgers on the planet are without a doubt, Foodies Five Star Gormet Grillers. Foodies + hamburger bun + lettuce + ketchup + Veganaise = happiness.

January 26, 2011 at 3:49 am
(10) Chantel says:

The Morning Star Grillers Original are the best!! The grillers prime are nasty!!! Also try the Morning Star Italian Herb Chicken patties. They have an excellent taste.

January 26, 2011 at 9:19 am
(11) Debra says:

My husband and I love the Morningstar Griller Veggie Burgers. Add mustard, pickle and a deli thin whole wheat bun — way yummy!!

January 26, 2011 at 11:03 am
(12) Vegetable Masala Burger says:

Vegetable Masala Burger from Trader Joes are awesome and are made with only veggies and no soy. The burgers are made from potatoes, carrots, green beans, corn, bell peppers and “indian” spices. These are best made on the stovetop or grilled (George Foreman). 1 burger= 120 calories, 8g fat, 360mg sodium, 12g carbs, 2g protein. Give these a try!

January 26, 2011 at 11:25 am
(13) Diane says:

Grillers Prime by Morningstar Farms! Affordable and flavorful!

January 26, 2011 at 1:40 pm
(14) Em says:

I live in NY & Zaitzeff & Houston’s have EXCELLENT, GREAT, TASTY, veggie burgers.

January 26, 2011 at 3:02 pm
(15) Trish says:

MORNINGSTAR!!!!!!!!!!!! So many choices now!!!!!!!!!!!! THANX MORNINGSTAR!

January 26, 2011 at 3:11 pm
(16) ZoNutSo says:

Morningstar * Garden Veggie Patties are fantastic!!!

July 20, 2011 at 1:23 pm
(17) Clint says:

The Morningstar Garden Veggie Patties are my favorite vegetarian burger I’ve tried so far. They seem to be the ones that Burger King sells (they taste the same to me). I wonder why Ashley thinks they’re gross.

Do they taste like a real hamburger? No. I don’t think that was their intent. But I’d choose them over a real burger any day even if I wasn’t a vegetarian.

March 17, 2011 at 8:11 am
(18) dilly says:

THIS IS THE BEST VEGGIE BURGER

Garden Gourmet Vegetarian Burgers 300G

they taste just like the real thing.
they taste that good, i have to keep checking the box for meat produtcts, in ingredients

right now you can get em in tesco’s

July 28, 2011 at 6:48 pm
(19) Michele says:

While I enjoy both Boca and Morningstar burgers, my new favorite is Don Lee Farms All-Natural Veggie Burger. No, it doesn’t taste like a burger, but it’s not trying to either! Very satisfying and super tasty!

September 12, 2011 at 2:37 pm
(20) Lisa says:

Morningstar Farms Griller’s Prime are really good if you brush the frozen patty with olive oil, and cook them on a gas or charcoal grill. I always have one of these when our family has beef burgers at a cookout.

September 22, 2011 at 11:02 am
(21) Noah says:

I dont know what you are all talking about…. I live in the pacific northwest, and they have a veggie burger made in wilsonville oregon that is the best tasting and most desireable vegggie pattie ever. I am not a vegetarian, but i love the patties from Chex Gourmet from Marie! They are awesome! The Wow! Mushroom one is spectacular! I recommend anyone with a chance to try them.

October 18, 2011 at 11:45 am
(22) Beniws says:

Don lee farms veggie patties, and morning star farms chipotle black bean burger hands down the best. Get them at Costco.

January 22, 2012 at 7:43 pm
(23) Julie says:

I love the Morning star garden vegetable burgers, but Amy’s California burgers are my ultimate burger! Of course I’m not looking for something that is closest to a beef burger! I would eat beef if that is what I wanted to taste!

May 29, 2012 at 10:02 am
(24) Harley says:

I think you all should check the ingredients in those Morning Star and Boca Burgers… inform yourselves with processed soy options. Please read… Exactly what are meatless meats?

As you mentioned, many of you are a few weeks into your Lenten sacrifice and chances are some of you have gone temporarily meatless. But if you’re tempted to try some “meatless meats” to get a fix, please think again. Instead of invoking guilt by pointing out that’s sort of cheating (on Lent), I’ll stick to the nutrition cons. In case you’re unfamiliar with them (lucky you), meat substitutes (a.k.a. “faux meats”) are foods that aren’t meat, but aim to aesthetically resemble meat in texture, flavor, and appearance. They provide vegetarians and vegans with something meat-like, plus a good dose of protein. For years, many cultures have used seitan (wheat gluten), tofu, legumes, and tempeh in place of meat within vegetarian diets. These foods are fine. My concerns lie with the recent wannabe meats that are inexpensive products made from processed soy, cottonseeds, wheat, and oats — better known as textured vegetable protein (TVP). Other processed forms of soy are also being used. You’ll see them on food labels as soy protein isolate, and soy protein concentrate. You can find these ingredients in products like Boca’s Original Meatless Chik’n nuggets, Morningstar Farms Meal Starters, Boca’s Italian Meatless Sausage, Amy’s Quarter Pound Veggie Burger, and many more. Make sure to scour your ingredient lists.

May 29, 2012 at 6:54 pm
(25) vegetarian says:

Harley -
Re-read your comment. You never say what’s wrong with these products, so I see no reason not to keep on loving my veggie burgers!

July 5, 2012 at 1:47 am
(26) alexandra says:

theres these veggie burgers i just had, and they are my favorite. i think their btter han boca ad morningstar although those are two of my favories. i got them at whole foods, they are called Asherah’s gourmet vegan burgers. they have no soy, gluten free, ad no dairy. and their made with quinoa. and they are amazing!

November 3, 2012 at 6:08 pm
(27) Christel says:

I have to agree with DebbieG. Isadora’s go nuts burger were the best I’ve ever had. They are not meant as a substitute for meat, if that is what you you’re looking for. To a former vegan, they are heavenly!

February 26, 2013 at 6:35 pm
(28) Adey says:

The best burgers are the ones I home make for my girlfriend because they have one ingredient you can not buy… baked with love. Its based on PPK’s Chickpea Cutlets out of the Veganomicon… minus the soy sauce and plus peanut butter and white miso… and love.

June 13, 2013 at 10:48 pm
(29) Ladywisdom says:

I want to find some veggie burgers that don’t have soy

February 5, 2014 at 5:47 pm
(30) Roy Rivas says:

I like morning star burgers but Costco just to sale ones little bit better, I wish I can remember the brand so I can search for. Any body? ?

Roy.